Booth, James E.
- Existence: 1826 - 1919
Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:
James E. Booth was a trustee of the Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) during the 1890s. His son, Irving, was one of the university's largest benefactors during the mid-20th century. The collection mostly includes photographs of various members of the Booth family. There are also several pieces of correspondence and a publication on the Monroe County Savings Bank.
Photograph portraits of members of the Rochester Athenaeum and Mechanics Institute's (RAMI) Board of Trustees and of prominent Rochesterians. RAMI changed its name to the Rochester Institute of Technology in 1944. The portraits were taken by Joseph Ernest Mock, a prominent photographer in the Rochester area.
- Portraits 2
- Albumen prints 1
- Ambrotypes (photographs) 1
- Cartes-de-visite (card photographs) 1
- College benefactors -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Correspondence 1
- Daguerrotypes 1
- Gelatin silver prints 1
- Interviews 1
- Oral histories 1
- Photographs 1
- Platinum prints 1
- Portrait collection 1
- Portrait photographers -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Portrait photography -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Publications 1
- Tintypes (prints) 1
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 1 ∧ less