Rochester Athenaeum and Mechanics Institute. Manual Training Building
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
The Mechanics Institute parapet stone is a large metal plaque that was placed somewhere on the 50 West Main Street building, or as it was referred to, the City Center location. The plaque is approximately 18 x 10 inches and weighs 15-20 pounds.
Collection contains historical information on the downtown campus of the Rochester Institute of Technology. The campus was located within the heart of downtown Rochester from the time of the establishment of Mechanics Institute in 1885 until the move to the Henrietta campus in 1968. This collection includes clippings and various records, such as renovation plans, maps, and correspondence.