Rochester Athenaeum -- History
Found in 5 Collections and/or Records:
The Dane Gordon papers contain interview notes, typewritten manuscripts, galley proofs, and research material used in the creation of Gordon's book, Rochester Institute of Technology: Industrial Development and Educational Innovation in an American City.
The collection contains Board meeting announcements and invitations, and other documents ranging from 1847-1894 for the Rochester Athenaeum, Rochester Athenaeum and Mechanics Association, Mechanics Institute, and the Rochester Athenaeum and Mechanics Institute. Many of the documents are addressed to George S. Riley.
RAMI historical interviews and radio series scripts consists of correspondence, a list of proposed radio program, scripts of aired presentations, drafts of the scripts prior to the interviews, and notes from radio presentations. The scripts highlight the history of Rochester Athenaeum and Mechanics Institute, the 100th Anniversary of the first photograph and the Photographic Technology and other departments.
Original copies of laws and charters related to RIT.
Materials related to the Rochester Athenaeum and its operations. The Athenaeum was founded in 1829 as an educational institute and is an early predecessor of the Rochester Institute of Technology. The collection contains excerpts from local newspapers, charter documents for the organization, member lists, a copy of Charles Perkins's address to the Athenaeum, and information on Reynolds Arcade. Also included is a subscription book for the organization.
- Rochester (N.Y.) -- History -- 19th century 3
- Universities and colleges -- New York (State) -- Rochester -- History 3
- Correspondence 2
- Announcements 1
- Articles of incorporation 1
- Charters 1
- Clippings (information artifacts) 1
- Excerpts 1
- Exhibitions -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Invitations 1
- Learned institutions and societies -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Libraries -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Literature -- Societies, etc. -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Manuscripts for publication 1
- Oral histories (document genres) 1
- Radio programs -- New York (State) -- Rochester 1
- Radio scripts 1
- Rochester (N.Y.) -- History -- 20th century 1
- Subscription lists 1 + ∧ less